Please note: You must first create a Geo-fence Layer, before you can create a Geo-fence. Please click here to learn how to create Geo-fence Layers.
Once the Geo-Fence Layers have been configured, administrators can add Geo-fences to particular locations on the map.
1) Begin by opening the Map Dashboard and then searching for the location where you’d like to add a Geo-Fence Layer.
2) From the side panel on the left, click on the Spanner icon to open the Map Tools. Click on Select Area. A popup on the map will ask which shape you’d like to draw on the map. Choose between a Polygon or a Circle.
Polygon - Will allow you to draw complex shapes. Click on the map where you’d like your shape to begin and continue clicking on the points on the map until your area has been defined like in the example on the right.
- Circle - Will draw a radius from a point. Click on the map where you’d like your circle to appear and drag your mouse outward to increase the radius.
3) Once the area has been defined, click inside the shape to reveal the actions bar at the bottom of the screen. Click on the Actions down arrow. Several options are revealed. Click on Create Geo-Fence.
A Create Geo-fence pop-up will display.
4) Click on the down arrow to choose the Geo-fence Layer from the list. Choose the Name for the Geo-fence. Set an optional Start and End Date for the Geo-fence. If no date is set, the geo-fence will be available indefinitely.
5) Once configured, click on Create.