History Trail Settings allow you to customise your history trails. To learn how to view a History Trail in your map, please click here.
1) Click on the Road Icon in your left sidebar.
2) Make sure Trails is highlighted.
A) Click on the colour box to change the colour that the trail appears on the map.
B) Click on Select to highlight the trail on the map and include the history trail details.
C) Click on Remove to remove that person’s history trail from the map.
Click on Settings, to access further History Trail Settings.
Turn the switch on and off as required.
1) Show Trails – Enables you to turn the whole trail on or off the map.
2) Show Trail Arrows – Enables you to turn the arrows on or off the map. The arrows point to the direction of movement.
3) Show Trail Points – Enables you to turn the points on where the fix was taken.
4) Centre on Focused Point - Centres the point you are viewing on the map.
5) Mode enables you to choose the way that you view a History Trial. You can choose between Live and Historic.
5.1) Live – Shows the latest fixes on the history trail.
5.1.1) Choose how many fixes you wish to display on the map by clicking on the Max. Locations to Show drop-down box.
5.1.2) After selecting the number fixes you want to see. Click Apply to see the change.
Last 1000 fixes vs last 10 fixes.
5.2) Historic - Enables you to choose the date range of the trail you wish to view. Set the From Date and the To Date.
Please Note: You can only view a maximum of 14 days at a time.
5.2.1) Click on the first calendar Icon to select a starting date.
5.2.2) Click on the second calendar Icon under To Date, and choose the end date.
5.2.3) Click Apply.
6) Enables you to choose the Step Type between Fix and Distance
6.1) Fix - A location is taken consistently after a certain amount of time.
6.2) Distance - A location fix will show on the map every few miles or Kilometres.
6.2.1) Click on the drop-down box.
6.2.2) Select the unit of distance.
6.2.3) Type the minimum distance you want to see a fix.
7) Remove All Trails.