Device Configuration - Locating
Device Configuration enables administrators to configure and personalise the Vismo app on users devices. This can be done at the account level, which will apply the device configuration to all users within the account or at the group level.
Locating settings enable you to configure how the locating settings for the app work.
To change any of the Locating settings, click on the Default drop-down and selected Changed. Configure your preferred locating settings in the required boxes.
The Locating settings
- Allow Privacy Mode - Gives the user permission to turn off the location tracking service. This does not stop the app from transmitting data, however, their location is not reported. Even when privacy mode is on, the Red Alert button is still fully functional and will reveal a user’s location if they press the Red alert button.
- Enable Privacy Mode Notifications - Allows the end-user to receive notifications to their device when privacy mode has been enabled or disabled from the Vismo portal.
- Enable Timed Privacy Mode - This allows the app user to set privacy mode for a set period of time. Once the time frame has expired privacy mode the Vismo app will automatically reinitiate reporting the user’s location again.
- Tracking Enabled - Allows the App to use location services and track where the device is.
- Target Fix Rate - Determines how frequently the traveller’s device sends a location to the Vismo Portal. Click on the + and - icons to change the target fix rate. Note: iOS 13 and above will work on Significant Change.
Once configured, click Save at the top to confirm the settings.