Assignments are set tasks designed to monitor and protect lone workers. Assignments can be configured to ensure that a user performs a check-in periodically. If the user does not check-in within the time frame, a red flag alert will be raised.
Creating an Assignment
Click on the Services icon in the top right corner of the screen and select Reports.
Select Active Assignments. If active assignments are not listed, ensure you have the correct permissions.
A new screen will then show with all the current active assignments. Click on Add to create a new assignment.
The assignment creation page will then show. Configure the assignment.
- Name – Name the assignment.
- Description – Add a description for the assignment.
- Allow Changing this Assignment on the Device - Enables app users to alert any of these settings on the Assignment from within the app.
- Duration – How long the assignment should take in days, hours and minutes.
- Tracking – Set the tracking to On/Off to allow location tracking.
- Tracking Interval – How often a fix will be sent to the portal. Set this in days, hours and minutes.
- Man Down – Raises an alert in the event of a fall or of sudden impact. Turn this On or Off.
- Check-in Schedule Interval – Sets how often a user is required to check-in while on assignment before the alarm is raised. Set this using days, hours and minutes. Turn this On/Off as required.
- Notes – Add notes about the assignment.
Assigning a user to an assignment
To assign specific users to an assignment, click on the Add button next to Assignees.
A list of the available people to add will show. Add the relevant people to the assignment, then click on Select & Close. Note: A user can only be assigned to one assignment at a time.
Configure the assignment or choose a pre-configured assignment template by clicking on Templates. A list of templates will show. Choose the template you want and it will automatically fill out the information for the assignment. Read this article about Assignment Templates.
Once you have configured the assignment, click on Assign at the top. This will notify the assigned users that they have been given an assignment. The assignment will automatically begin on the user’s device.
Note: Ensure that the user has the assignment tile within the device configuration, otherwise they will not be able to check-in or complete the assignment.