For optimal operation of the Vismo Locate And Protect App, please enable all settings when promoted after signing-in for the first time. They are as follow:
1. Select 'Enable Now' on Locations Services.
2. Select 'Allow While Using App'. This will need to be changed in settings to 'Always'. Follow the step in this article.
3. Select 'Enable Now' on Notifications.
4. Select 'Allow' on Notifications.
5. Select 'Enable Now' on Camera & Microphone. This is required for audio with panic alerts.
6. Select 'OK' to enable the microphone.
7. Click 'Get Started'. You app homepage will then display.
Then run the device diagnostics to ensure that the device settings are correctly configured with Vismo. Read this article on Device Diagnostics.
It's important that the device settings are correct to ensure the Vismo app can track successfully. Check the following is enabled (see also Changing App Location Settings - iOS 13+):
- Location services is turned on
- The app has permission to use location services - this must be set to Always for Apple devices and All of the Time for Android devices.
- Precise Location is turned on
- Wi-fi is turned on
- Bluetooth is turned on
- High accuracy mode is set on the phone – (do this via google maps)
- Ensure Mobile/cellular data is turned on
- Ensure the phone is not in low power mode – (Settings > Battery for Apple devices)
- Run device diagnostics on the Vismo App and ensure that all green ticks are seen.