To invite multiple users new or existing to the Vismo portal it may be quicker to bulk import them and send the invite to all via this method. Follow the steps below to do this.
1. Click on the Services icon located at the top right corner of the screen and select Jobs from the list.
2. A new page will display. Click on New and select User import.
3. Follow the instructions on screen to bulk import users to the Vismo Secure Portal.
4. Where it says Invites should be sent to... select which action you'd like to be performed from the dropdown.
5. The status of your upload will display once the upload is complete and the user will be allocated to their respective groups.
Special Considerations when Bulk Importing Users
- This spreadsheet can be used to bulk import or update multiple users in Vismo, and to automatically add them to groups. Some columns are mandatory, and some are optional. Please refer to specific columns below for details.
- Please do not leave blank rows within the spreadsheet. If the import process encounters an entirely blank row, it will stop the import process at that point.
- Please do not delete entire columns. If a value is not required for a column, please leave the cell empty.
- The import process starts from row 3. Please leave the first 2 rows as provided.
- Use this column to specify the email address associated with the user.
- Email addresses are not mandatory fields.
- The maximum length for a valid email address is 255 characters.
- Use this column to specify the username. The username will uniquely identify the user within Vismo.
- A username is required.
- The maximum length for a valid username is 100 characters.
- Use this column to specify the forename of the user.
- A forename is required.
- The maximum length for a valid forename is 50 characters.
- Use this column to specify the surname of the user.
- A surname is not a mandatory field.
- The maximum length for a valid surname is 50 characters.
- Use this column to specify the password associated with the user.
- A password is required and must meet the minimum password requirements specified for the account.
- Use this column to specify the telephone calling code associated with the user.
- A calling code defines the country to which the telephone number belongs. For instance, for a UK telephone number, the value 44 would be used.
- A calling code value is only required if the user has a telephone number and does not need to be specified if the Telephone Number cell is left empty.
- Use this column to specify the telephone number associated with the user.
- A telephone number is not required.
- If a telephone number is provided, it should only contain the local portion of the number. For instance, for the telephone number 447712345678, a value of 7712345678 should be entered into the column.
- The maximum length for a valid telephone number column is 50 characters.
- Use this column to specify the groups to which the user should be added. Groups are used in Vismo to categorise users for specifying permissions, events, etc.
- Multiple groups can be specified, and should be separated by semi-colon (e.g. Group 1;Group 2).
- If you want to add users to a subgroup use the pipe symbol to add the user to the subgroup. (e.g. Parent Group|Child Group).
If you see a failed upload, click on the upload line until it highlights in blue and click on the Details button.
The reason for the failure will be shown.
Check back through your upload spreadsheet and correct the errors. Then re-upload your correct spreadsheet and the successful upload will show.