Wearing your Vismo Alert 2.0
To wear your Vismo Alert 2.0, you will need to have a metal clip.
When all set, just simply expand the metal frame and carefully slide your Vismo Alert 2.0 in the frame.
Please note: We recommend protecting your device from heavy rain.
Sticking your Vismo Alert 2.0
Each Vismo Alert 2.0 comes with a reusable adhesive sticker, pre-attached to the back. Simply peel off the protective layer and stick your Vismo Alert 2.0 on any clean surface.
If you want to change the position of your Vismo Alert 2.0, twist the button to the right to exert horizontal force which makes it easier to remove the adhesive from the surface.
Please Note: The adhesive is very strong and may damage the attaching surfaced when removed. Please consider this before sticking it to any surface. We recommend keeping the protective layer in case you wish to cover the adhesive in the future.
WARNING: Do not twist it to the left as it will open the button.
Cleaning the adhesive
If the adhesive starts to lose its stickiness, then you can clean it. It will regain most of its stickiness back.
- Carefully wash off the adhesive with water.
- Give it a rub and repeat the wash.
- Leave it to air-dry and it will return to full stickiness.
WARNING: The Vismo Alert 2.0 is not waterproof. Do not expose it to rinsing water, submerge or attempt to use underwater as this will result in irreversible damage.
Do not apply solvents, chemicals, or abrasive cleaning products as this will damage the adhesive.
Changing the battery
When the battery is reaching the end of its lifespan, the LED will flash RED repeatedly. To change the battery, you will need to follow these steps:
- Open the battery hatch, by sticking your Vismo Alert 2.0 to a surface and twisting it to the left.
- Remove the old battery and replace it with a new CR2032 battery with the “+” side facing towards you.
- Place back the top part of Vismo Alert 2.0 to the bottom and twist to the right until it clicks and the adhesive releases the surface.
Please Note: The adhesive is very strong and may damage the attaching surfaced when removed. Please consider this before sticking it to any surface.
Handling the battery
This device contains a CR2032 battery composed of lithium, organic solvents, and other combustible materials. For this reason, improper handling of the battery could lead to distortion, leakage, overheating, explosion, or fire, causing personal injury. Please observe the following instructions to prevent accidents. Never swallow charge, heat, expose to open flames, moisture, or liquid. Never attempt to disassemble, reverse the polarity, or short circuit. Keep away from children and pets.
When disposing of used batteries please remove the battery in advance. If not possible then dispose of the entire product in a waste bin for electronics as per the WEEE directive. Battery disposal may be regulated by national or local regulations, as such please follow applicable guidelines.
If, for any reason, you must perform a factory reset, perform the following steps:
- Remove the battery, see the section “Changing the battery”.
- Insert the battery.
- Within 5 seconds push and hold the button for 10 seconds.
The Vismo Alert 2.0 contains small parts and accessories that present a choking hazard. As such it is not suitable for children or pets.
- Do not attempt to service the product.
- Do not use the product in temperatures below -10°C or above +40°C.
- Clean with a damp cloth only. Do not submerge and do not use chemical or abrasive cleaning products.
- Tested against the IP44 class.