This Article will cover how the check-in function works on the app and additional customisation options.
Executing a simple Check-in
1) The image below is an example of a homepage with a check-in button.
1.1) If you do not have a button (1) on your screen, please click here to learn how to add a button.
1.2) If you do not have a check-in in the bottom bar (2), please click here to learn how to enable it.
2) Press the button (1). The button will confirm if the check-in was successful or not.
2.1) If the check-in was successful, you will see the image below.
Please note: This is an example for a simple check-in, ie. no timer or any additional details have been configured.
2.2) If instead you see the error below, it means your administrator requested a new location to be taken when you perform a check-in but your phone is not allowing Vismo to take a location. Please check your location services' permissions.
Please click here to check where you can disable the new location mandatory requirement.
Check-in using the button in the bottom bar.
1) Press the check-in button in the bar at the bottom of your screen.
2) A list of your check functions will appear. As you can see in the image above, the administrator has not added a button for "Left the hotel" to the homepage, but you can still execute that check function in this section. Click on the check function.
3) Press Confirm Check-in.
4) A message will pop up to confirm if the check-in has been successful. The Receipt number will also be sent to your administrator in order to more easily identify the check-in performed.
Check-in with Timer
If a timer has been enabled, once the user presses the check-in button, a countdown timer will appear. The user will then have a limited amount of time to press the check-in button once again. The amount of time can be pre-configured by the administrator or by the app user in the app.
Please click here to learn how to enable a timer.
1) Pre-configured Timer
1.1) Press the check-in button. The image below confirms the check-in timer has been successful.
1.2) A timer will appear showing how long the app user has to press the button again before a notification is sent to the administrator.
Please note: An event must be configured in order to receive notifications. Please click here to learn how to set up an event notification.
1.2.1) A notification reminder will be sent automatically to the user when there is only 5 minutes left to press the button.
1.2.2) If the user successfully presses the button before the time runs out, and the check-out is successful, the message below will appear.
1.2.3) If the timer runs out, the button will return to normal, but a notification is sent to the app user to let them know they have missed a check-out.
2) Timer set up by the app user
It is possible to let the app user determine the amount of time needed to perform a check-out. In order to do so, the bar at the bottom of the screen with the check-in option must be enabled. Please click here to learn where to enable it.
2.1) Press the check-in button in the bottom bar of your homepage.
2.2) Select the check function.
2.3) Here you the app user can select how long should the check-in last.
2.3.1) Scroll to the time you wish to configure.
2.3.2) Press Start Timer.
2.4) The timer will appear below the check function selected. It will also show in the homepage of the app the same way as in point 1.2) of the Pre-configured Timer, section.
2.5) You can also stop the timer in this section.
2.5.1) Select the check function with a timer.
2.5.2) Press Cancel Timer.
2.5.3) Once cancelled, the app will just direct you back to the list of check functions.
Customise a small check-in message
The app user can also send a small custom message to the administrator when a check-in is executed.
Please note: The administrator will need to enable message customisation. Please click here to learn where to enable it. The check-in bar at the bottom must also be enabled.
1) Press the check-in button in the bottom bar of your homepage.
2) Select the check function.
3.1) Type a message.
3.2) If you have a timer, select Start Timer, if not, select Confirm Check-in. The message will be sent to the admins who are configured to be notified.
Send an audio message
The app user can also send a small audio message to the administrator when a check-in is executed.
Please note: The administrator will need to enable audio recording. Please click here to learn where to enable it.
1) Press the Red circle to start recording a message. In this example you have up to 20 seconds of recording.
2) If you do not require the whole time allowed, please press the stop button to end the recording. Otherwise please go to step 3).
3) Press the Play button if you wish too listen to the message recorded, otherwise please go to step 4).
4)Press Confirm check-in or in the situation you have a timer like in this example, please press "Start Timer" to complete the check-in process. The audio will be available on the check-in report. Please click here to learn where to find it.
This concludes all customisation available to the app user.
Please click here to learn how to customise a check-in event to allow the administrators to receive all check-in notifications.